Saturday, July 11, 2009

Car Troubles

We bought a 2002 Mercury Sable for $900 that had a blown head gasket. JJ didn't know a thing about it, but he bought a manual, a few tools and got to working. About a month later he fixed it! We officially became a two car family! That is, until about a week and a half later... Now our first car is leaking oil... and by leaking I mean gushing :( And after a not-so-quick self diagnosis, it looks like a pretty major fix, like one we'll need a real mechanic to do. What a bummer! And he's a delivery driver, so he needs his car for work which means I definitely can't just drop him off at work. (well, if you must know the truth, I'm 24 years old and have never had a license in all my life =/ It's a bit embarrassing and really really annoying, I'm working on it, though, and I really hope this is the year to change all that.) *Side note, I now have a license, but my car is broken again...back down to one car.  That might change at the end of this week, though...we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment