Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Size 3T Dress


When Ailsa was a small baby we got a lot of clothes for her from our friends and realatives, and I mean A LOT. There were tons of new and used treasures I sorted and picked through. Most of them were for newborns, but some were larger, reaching all the way up until 18 months sizes. But there was one dress I remember her getting that was a size 3T, and I remember thinking that it would be SO long until she would fit into that. Well, she grew really fast. By the time she was 6 months old she was 20 pounds and wearing clothes for a 12 month old. And by the time she was 12 months she was wearing all her 18 month clothes. Well, I thought that she'd be up the the 2Ts in no time, but then she started to slow down a bit. (Praise God! I'm short and pretty little, and it was getting really tiring carrying her everywhere!) Truth be told, we still can fit her in her 18mo jeans, that were always meant to be capris, and finally really are. Anyways, today I was going through the one small box of clothes we got when Amber was born (funny how things change with the second) when I saw lying next to it the 3T dress from way back; and since Ailsa was right there with me, not yet dressed, I decided to put it on her. Not only did it fit, but it was almost too small! Oh my, how time flies! I almost started to cry, not because I really liked the dress, but it just made me see how big she's really gotten. So, not knowing what else I could do, I went over and grabbed Ailsa and gave the biggest hug and told her how pretty she looked in her "new" dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment